Yup...that's right, we're in Las Vegas. Adam says that this place is corrupt...I tend to think he's correct! So here's the scoop to keep you in the loop (can you tell I'm tired?)
Yesterday we were tooling along in Utah...wow...that state was kind of long due to very little human interaction along the freeway....well, until we came upon this great little town called St. George. You see, Reyna spotted a Down East Basics store, that's right, it's a store she's done reviews for, and there aren't many around. So the good man actually back-tracked and let us shop while he had the tires looked at.
Good or bad, I don't know, but we were told our trailer tires could blow at any time and that we needed to get the trailer looked at ASAP. Hmmm.....on we drove to Las Vegas, took the trailer in and left it at a shop. Well not quite that fast. First I had to scramble and stash a bunch of clothing and necessaries into crazy little bags for a hotel stay. At that point we had no idea how long it would take to get fixed. Next on the agenda was finding a hotel that would take a pooch.
We called on our old favorite standby, the Stay Bridge Suites...they have the best breakfasts! Dogs...well they like them, but taking a big ole Golden Retriever into a nice hotel does tend to make quite a scene! ...and, $75 for a dog? He lived like a king and determined that the bathroom was his kennel! He really was good.
The kids swam for about 3 hours this morning, I think everyone thought we were loony, but it was 75 and sunny and the hot tub was a balmy 104 degrees!
I got ahead of myself. Of course we had to visit the strip, the kids had their jaws open...and did you know that Michael Jackson is alive? Saw him. Elvis...don't know where he is. Anyway, after roaming around and picking our jaws up off the sidewalk we finally decided on a place to eat....a buffet called MORE, now that says it all doesn't it? It was 9:00 pm, we were starving but when we left we all felt pretty awful!
So that's the last day and a half in a nut shell. I do have photos, but the camera is locked in the truck and I really don't feel like going out there, maybe tomorrow I'll download the photos for your entertainment!
...Just a note for my good brother and Ali, no...we're not at a Wal-Mart tonight, but we did venture out to find one for some groceries! And sis...Vegas has changed since we were here to visit bro....bigger and crazier, and I still haven't gambled a penny and don't intend to, can't wait to get out of here!
Tomorrow I'm taking Reyna to Caesar's Palace to see the beauty of it, she loves to take her photos, then we're off to California. Found a couple of Ghost Towns to visit, who knows, maybe I"ll meet some long forgotten relatives!
~Catch ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment